Friday, May 2, 2008

Haunted New Orleans

New Oreans Shadow

Tonight we went on the Haunted History tour. Very cool. I didn't take any pictures, but I think Kurt might have gotten a few.

There are a lot of stories in the French Quarter, some of them amusing, some of them horrific, and at least one inspiring and gratifying. It's a tour that is well worth taking (this is the one that departs from Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop). Lots of fun, spooky stuff, as well as a good deal of fascinating history and culture of the city.

We also found what I think is the best Hurricane. Kurt took me to Pat O'Brien's earlier today for their infamous Hurricane, and it was tasty, but the Hurricane we got on the tour at Jean Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop was way better, in my opinion. Light, fruity, tasty, and not too sweet. Also, we discovered the local brew (Abitas) makes a strawberry beer that is out of this world. Not sickeningly sweet or artificial, like most fruity beers. Just a nice dose of pure, light, strawberry essence. Awesome.

We wrapped up the night with beignets at Cafe Du Monde. Yum!

- Colette

1 comment:

River Log said...

Stawberry Beer? Does that comply with Reinheitsgebot? YOU MUST COMPLY WITH GERMAN PURITY LAW!!!!! Seriously, if you find a Kona Brewery, Passion Fruit Wheat Beer, get it. The only "fruit" beer I have ever tasted that I liked.